Recipes featured: oven roasted nuts, homemade ranch dip, Apple Juice chicken (oatmealwithafork.com), cauliflower fried rice
Hi ho! Hi ho!
Back to work again! I nanny a sweet little boy Wednesday-Friday from 7am-3pm. I am gone half the day so I need to grab a quick breakfast in the morning and pack a lunch. Today through Friday I will include “to-go” meals that may take a little bit of prep, but are easy to pull together and stay yummy until lunch time!
- Green Smoothie: spinach, pineapple, peach, banana and canned coconut milk
- oven roasted cashews, pecans, and almonds– I made these at the beginning of the week because I knew I would need something to grab on my way out during the week. I roasted them in the oven at 350°, on a cookie sheet with olive oil and sea salt.
- Hard boiled eggs- easy to put on the stove while getting ready and come back to before leaving.
- raw carrots, peppers, and blueberries
Homemade Ranch Dip:
- 1/2 cup homemade mayo
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 1/4 tsp dill
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- a pinch of black pepper
- “Apple juice chicken” from the blog Oatmealwithafork. I used chicken breast tenders and added a tbsp of coconut aminos and a pinch of ground ginger. PERFECT.
Chop 1 small head of cauliflower into florets. Add to a large blender and cover with water. Pulse until cauliflower looks like rice. Strain “rice” and press dry with layers of paper towels! (see video on my facebook)
Cauliflower Fried “Rice”:
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion-chopped
- 1 head of cauliflower- riced
- frozen peas and carrots- thawed
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
Heat olive oil in skillet on medium heat, add chopped onions and sauteé until they are tender. Add riced cauliflower and cook until cauliflower is tender. Turn burner on high heat and add peas, carrots, and coconut aminos and cook 5 minutes more while stirring.