Talk about slacker status…
- 24: eggs and a banana
- 25: eggs and a banana
- 26: Green smoothie: spinach, coconut milk, pineapple, a splash of apple juice, 1 flax/chia seed packet
- 27: Eggs and sugar-free bacon
- 24: tuna salad
- 25: homemade trail mix (nuts and raisins), a cutie
- 26: Paleostix original beef jerky and an apple with almond butter
- 27: “Morning Dirt” juice from the Franklin Juice Co. (Carrot, apple, lemon, celery, romaine, green leaf, dandelion greens, parsley, cilantro, Hawaiian spirulina.)
- 24: Paleo Chik-fil-a Nuggets and broccoli
- 25: Fajita chicken, peppers, and onions
- 26: Beef Veggie soup (beef, canned green beans, canned potatoes, frozen peas and carrots, tomato paste, beef broth)
- 27: Bacon wrapped Applegate Beef Hotdogs and baked sweet potato fries
We’re still going strong and with only 3 more days left!
Stick around. Superbowl Sunday is gonna be awesome- even without sugar, dairy, grains, or legumes! Can’t wait to post pictures of all the awesome stuff we are making (:
As you guys know, I am on day 24 of the Whole 30 challenge. Thus, I am going a month without sugar and artificial sweetener.
Tonight’s dinner was Stupid Easy Paleo’s Paleo Chik-fil-a Nuggets and I just had to improvise a sugar-less Honey(less) Mustard!
I love this because I’m not a huge fan of the way honey tastes and this mustard is all the sweet without the honey flavor. And I’ll use any excuse to have one less sugar-free condiment in my house (:
- 3 dried pitted dates, roughly chopped (usually found with the raisins at the grocery store)
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1/3 cup mustard
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp homemade mayo
- pinch of salt, onion powder, and black pepper
Put chopped dates in a food processor with boiling water and let soak for 5 minutes and then blend until smooth. In a large measuring cup or jar, add mustard, vinegar, mayo, and spices. Add date paste and whisk together until well combined.
This morning I got to babysit and visit my favorite twin girls ever! They are such a sweet blessing to me.
Also, with this last week, I’m trying harder to eat more. I’m doing the Whole 30 for the health aspect and NOT to lose weight (which is easy to do).
- Green Smoothie: spinach, banana, pineapple, full-fat coconut milk, apple juice, flax and chia seeds
Recipes featured: homemade green sriracha
- A banana and a handful of cashews- had to rush to church!
- Pork tenderloin and skillet roasted potatoes, compliments of Dad Holley!
- Omelette with green peppers and spinach
- Merrick’s Ranch Sugar-free bacon
Homemade Green Sriracha:
- 1lb jalapeños
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 dried pitted date
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp fish sauce (look for a brand without sugar)
- 1 tsp salt
Coarsely chop jalapeños and remove seeds. If you like a lot of heat, don’t worry as much about the seeds.
Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender or food processor and purée until smooth.
Add purée to a saucepan and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool, store in a condiment bottle or a jar in the fridge up to a week!
Only 10 days left! Unbelievable!
I feel awesome, and yesterday I even got a complement from a complete stranger about how “perfect” my complexion is (:
- Larabar, cashews, and a cutie
*Clarifying butter takes the milk solids out of the butter making it essentially dairy-free and 100% Whole 30 compliant!
Forgive me for not posting yesterday. It was a very hard day.
Our first fur-baby, Peaches the chinchilla, passed away and she was only 2.
We were so sick over it and I didn’t have the heart to take food pictures. We will miss our little fluff ball<3
I think that from today through the rest of the 30 days, I will still post a food diary, but only include a picture if I’ve made a dish not yet posted. I initially only planned on doing the food diary for 2 weeks and that is mostly because I figured I would recreate many of the same dishes in the second half of the challenge. I have been pretty creative so far, but I am running out of new ideas! Thanks so much for following me this far! Hope that I will continue to challenge a healthier lifestyle to my readers (:
- fried eggs
- bulletproof coffee
- grilled chicken
- skillet potatoes
- sautéed broccoli